Monday, August 4, 2008

Long time.. !!

Its been so long since I updated my blog. Last I posted was on Feb 24, a good 5 months back. On my way back home today, I just thought I'll write something today. Do not really have anything to write on.. let me just start.. may be it'll lead me somewhere.. ;-)

These 5 months have been crazy.. in every aspect. Umm.. ok got it.. Let me just list down some of the major things that happened over the past 5 months (not necessarily in order, just what comes to my mind first) -

Finally, pursuing MBA
Yes, I got through JBIMS Part Time MBA course. After a good 2 yrs of attempt, I finally got through the college any one would dream of getting into. So what if its a Part Time course, once I am out of college, I'll have a good 5 yrs of work-ex along with a MBA degree from JBIMS with Finance as specialization. Wow, my CV is going to be rocking 2 years from now. The faculty here is amazing, and the overall quality of knowledge is excellent. Phew, but must mention the travelling takes a toll.

Pehla Vilayti safar;-)
Thanks to my bro who is settled in Singapore, I went for my first trip abroad with family. It was fun.. a very good break from the hectic schedule here in Mumbai. We first landed at Changi Airport, Singapore and the very next day took another flight and headed to Bangkok, Thailand. Spent around 4 days there and came back to SGP. Spent a good 4-5 days at my bro's place then headed to Malaysia for a small 2 day trip. The entire trip was truly memorable. Took a lot of pics, but sadly not many with me in them coz I was the official photographer. But nwy must say, SGP has impressed me a lot. Its such a well planned city. Really amazing. Another precious moment for me was the sight of the Petronas Twin Towers in the night. Trust me it looks gorgeous when lit. Absoultely stunning. I would say its a must see once in a lifetime moment for anyone.

Farewell to my mentor
Very few people have I come across in life who have a tremendous influencing power. Harish is one of them. He was my manager for a good year until he got promoted further and moved on to lead another team. It was a real setback not only for me but also for the other members of my team since it was really difficult to digest that he would be leaving the team. The kind of leadership he displayed was really inspiring. Some months down the line came the shocking news about him leaving the organisation. Everyone in the department including me were stunned to learn that and why not! It was a great loss, not only to the business, but also to each individual. As for me, I was his biggest fan! Will never forget all those days when we used to organise events, stay back late, pani puri at 5.30 AM while we were working nights, appraisal discussions, parties and what not. And yes, how can I forget his sweet gesture, that of giving a gift to everyone who worked under him. I got a cool Ford car model and even special was the letter he wrote for me which will always be with me wherever I go. Thanks Harish for everything! You'll always be my greatest inspiration ever. And yaa, dont be surprised if I take your place somewhere in the future ;-)

CCD & me
What has not changed in these 5 months is my regular visit to CCD, with someone special :-), who got even more special with time :-) :-) The frequency has definitely gone down due to my college, but it still continues! Btw, a new coffee joint at Orlem is giving tough competition. Though, I am sure CCD will be back with a bang, since I heard its getting a facelift.

The Secret
How can I forget the secret. My friend recommended watching this movie for a long time but he would always fail to get the movie because of some pen drive issues. But nwys, co-incidently my college professor showed us the movie. And now I recommend this movie to all my friends. Its a must watch. I'll not disclose anything about the secret, but frankly, it has the power to change your life. I have started implementing it, with great difficulty initially, but it sure works. It works wonders.

My stupid, cute little mind :p
Hehe, sorry for the wierd heading. But its true, a lot of things going on in my mind these days. A lot more than what did 5 months back, which is why I am writing about it. Money, Family, Studies, Love, Hate, Friends, Fights, Irritation, Frustration, Happiness, Bliss, Enjoyment, Peace, Holiday, Luxury, Job, Cellphone, Music, Movies, Life,.. and what not.. the list is endless. All these keep running in my mind.

Phew, not sure if I covered everything. But this is all I can think of at this moment. Some great moments, some not so great ones. While a lot of good had happened over the lsat 5 months, some regrets as well. All in all, Life was a roller coaster, as it always is and will be.

ROCK ON!!

No comments: