Sunday, October 19, 2014

This better be worth it

"This better be worth it". I told her as she held my hand and guided me. I don't know what was in her mind. I was blindfolded and all I could sense is she is taking me through a crowded place as I could hear people talk in the background. "It's a surprise for you, have patience and trust me for once". This is unique to girls somehow. They will tell you something and not mean it, but still tell you. She knew I trusted her, but she had to say this. On another day, they will say the same thing, and also mean it. Girls, they can never be understood. Anyways, I did not say anything and continued to walk.

We entered a quieter place, a room with dim lighting and I could smell a really nice soothing fragrance in the room. "This is it, we are here! Mister, are you ready to face it?"

"Can't wait!". I said with a lot of anticipation and eagerness. I was genuinely excited. Also tad nervous. I knew she had been planning something but she never gave in to my thousand requests of asking her to tell me what she was upto. She did not meet me all of last week and also barely met for an hour only once the week before. She kept saying she was busy with her upcoming business trip and had to prepare hard for it. I respected the other commitments she had and always gave her the space she needed. She would make up for not meeting by talking and chatting endlessly on phone in the night. I was really curious to know what had kept her so busy all these days. She only told me about a surprise today morning when she met me for a few minutes. She forced me to cancel my pre-decided dinner planned for tonight with college friends for this. I hated her for that, but I was a typical guy after all, one extremely cute smile and a peck on my cheeks ensured I cancel all plans and only be with her that evening.

"Tada!!!" she said as she removed the black cloth that covered my eyes.

What I saw, completely took my breath away. I was absolutely awe-struck and totally mesmerized at the sight. My dream was in front of me. The dream I was living for. I could not believe my eyes. I could not believe the moment had arrived. The one moment which I was waiting and endlessly waiting for. My feet got numb, my face turned pale, and my eyes got watery. I could not feel my senses, it was magical. I was speechless. Did not know what to say and how to react.

"Welcome to Serendipity Cafe", she said it out loud with a huge smile.

I simply looked at her, tears rolling down, she came close to me and I just hugged her tight. I did not say a word. I could not. The moment was so overwhelming, it just got the better of me. I could not believe she did this for me. It was my dream. Yes, it was! It is no longer a dream, it is reality now. She not only made my day, she just happened to make my life.

My new coffee shop - Serendipity Cafe was all set and ready to brew!


3 comments:

Benjamin Cole said...

Is this a true story? You are so lucky. Are you dreaming.

I am a lonely man in Thailand.

Milind Gandhi said...

Haha, nope Benjamin this is not a true story. Just my imagination.. :)

Nishita said...

beautiful.. ^_^