Saturday, January 2, 2010

Touching Lives..

Back with a difference! Yes, am certainly back to the blogosphere after a long break. Back and how. Feels great to put some pressure on the usually snoring dead brain cells and come up with something exciting to write about.

This time round though, its coming straight from the heart than from the mind. Its about life.. touching life!

I feel so proud to be associated with Touching Lives. I think it is one of the only very genuine NGOs around in the city that really, in the true sense, makes a difference. I don't know if my words would make sense but when I went to the slum area today for the first time, what I heard and saw was truly amazing. Small children came running towards Sonia (Founder of Touching Lives) calling her Sonia didi, and that to me is what is meant my making a difference.

Merely donating some cash, or sponsoring a child's education does not really mean you are touching a life. It is those little things like spending quality time, teaching, playing with the kids that really counts. It is an amazing feeling to see small children run towards you in sheer excitement just because you are taking them out to play in a garden. It is fun to see the innocent and cute smile on their faces when they look at your camera lens. It is truly blissful to see the amazing display of creativity and freshness in their paintings.

Feels really great to join this wonderful team of young people led by Sonia. I think it a great mix of youth and experience, energy and passion on display which will go a long long way.

So, how often have you touched life? For me, I just started today and now there's no looking back.

2 comments:

Hiral said...

hey..thats absolutely grt!I think there will be very few things as fulfilling as this.Btw,where is this NGo and where did u come across it?

Milind Gandhi said...

absoultely.. its very fulfilling.. JPMorgan is associated with Touching Lives and thts how i first came to know about this.. I volunteered and got in touch with the founder and she welcomed me in.. It has a center in Dahisar West as of now with many projects in the pipeline..